Monday, September 1, 2008

Product Review: Patak's Coat & Cook! - Tikka

I bought this last October when we were in England. As it was due to expire in September, it seemed like a good idea to use it. Patak's make a good, reliable range of Indian cooking products. We can get some of the sauces in the US, but I had never seen this product here.

I coated two boneless chicken breasts with the paste and baked for 35 minutes at 350F. Ooh, now that I'm looking at this, it looks like a set of lungs that belonged to a chronic smoker!!!

In the end, I was only moderately happy with the results. No fault to Patak's, but I used the entire packet of paste on 2 pieces of chicken, when it probably was enough for 4. If I could change anything, I would coat the chicken, let the paste penetrate for 30 minutes to an hour, scrape the extra off, and cook as listed above. The taste was nice, so I would definitely try again. I served it with Indian spiced kale, and curried potato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment