Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day... and I'm Feelin' Good...

What a truly magical day. The world woke up to the day that the 44th President of the US being sworn in. To the hopes of better times on the horizon.

I then heard the fantastic news that Fiat are joining forces with Chrysler! This also brought the hope of maybe in the near future I could have the Fiat 500 that I have long admired. For years Americans have had a love affair with their SUV's, and I truly believe the past few years have tarnished that lust, opening the door to a smaller car market.

On the way to work this morning, a Bald Eagle dove down in front of our car (while we were stopped) then flew over us. We were clearly left with the feeling that it must have been a sign.

At lunch I went next door to a friendly local bar to watch the inauguration. What a mesmerizing, vibrant speech. President Obama left me with so much hope and feeling so proud to be an American. The past year and a quarter have not been easy for me, and I see every day the effects of the economy on people I know and love, but to have hope that change is on its way... I just can't express how I feel.

It was, indeed, a truly fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment